1. Information Cutnut Collects
We collect information from our users in two ways:
• Information you choose to give us.
• Information we get when you use our services.
Here’s a little more detail on each of the two categories.
1.1 Information You May Decide to Give us
Registering in to our Services requires you to give us some of your basic information in order for us to distinguish you from other users. This basic information includes your name, email address, your age, unique username and password. Also, you may choose to share additional information about you to make you more recognizable such as a profile picture or other useful identifying information.
Indeed, you’ll also give us the information you chose to upload onto our services such as video content and comments.
When you contact Cutnut Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
1.2 Information We Get When You Use Our Services
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
• Device Phonebook. Because Cutnut is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
• Camera, Photos and Videos. You may upload videos onto our services that you have previously recorded. To do this we will require to access your camera roll.
• Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes:
• Some details how you have used our website
• device information, such as your web browser type and language
• access times
• pages viewed
• IP address
• identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
• pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
2. How Cutnut Uses Information
We hope that the information we get we can continue developing our Services for better:
• develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
• communicate with you
• monitor and analyze trends and usage
• personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads
• enhance the safety and security of our products and services
• verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
• enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices
3. How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
• With other Users. We may share the following information with other Users:
• Your user information such as username and you profile picture;
• Information about how you have interacted with the services, such as the names of Users you are friends with, and other information that will help Users understand your connections with others using the services;
• Content you post or send will be shared with other Users; how widely your content is shared depends on who you invite to contribute to the content.
• With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
• With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
• With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
• comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
• protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
• detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
• With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Cutnut gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
• In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
Cutnut does not take responsibility of the privacy policies of possible third party interactions within our Services. We suggest to always review the third party privacy policies before choosing to utilize them. You agree to not hold Cutnut responsible on how third parties use and collect your information.
5. Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
• Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information.
• Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook, camera, photos, or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
• Communicating with other users. It’s also important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you indicate, among other things, who you want to see your videos.
6. Data Protection
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. As far as on our sides personal data (for example name, address or E-Mail addresses) are raised, this takes place, as far as possible, always on voluntary basis. This data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
Please note that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
The internet pages partly use so-called cookies. Cookies do not damage your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and stored by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and allow cookies only in individual cases, the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally exclude and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
§ Browser type and browser version used operating system
§ Referrer URL
§ Hostname of the accessing computer Time of the server request
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons. A merge of data with other data sources will not be performed. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively, if we become aware of specific indications for illegal use.
9. Contact Form
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your details from the inquiry form, including the contact details you provided there, will be stored in order to process the request and in case of follow-up questions. We will not share this information without your consent.
10. Google Analytics
This website uses features of the web analytics service Google Analytics. Provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
11. IP Anonymization
We have activated the function IP anonymization on this website. As a result, your IP address will be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics within the framework of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
12. Browser Plugin
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install:
13. Opposition to data collection
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the collection of your data on future visits to this website: disable Google Analytics.
14. Order Data Processing
We have entered into a contract data processing agreement with Google and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
15. Demographics in Google Analytics
This website uses the demographics feature of Google Analytics. As a result, reports can be created that contain statements on the age, gender and interests of the site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This data can not be assigned to a specific person. You can disable this feature at any time through the ad settings in your Google Account, or generally prohibit the collection of your data by Google Analytics as outlined in the section "Opposition to Data Collection".
16. Facebook-Plugins (Like-Button)
On our pages plugins of the social network Facebook, provider Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA, are integrated. The Facebook plugins can be recognized by the Facebook logo or the "Like-Button" ("Like") on our site. An overview of the Facebook plugins can be found here:
If you do not wish Facebook to associate your visit to our pages with your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
Functions of the service Instagram are integrated on our sides. These features are provided by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, United States. If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the contents of our pages to your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram button. This allows Instagram to associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We point out that we as the provider of the pages are not aware of the content of the transmitted data and their use by Instagram.
Our website uses features of the LinkedIn network. Providers is LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States. Each time you visit one of our pages that includes LinkedIn features, it will connect to LinkedIn servers. LinkedIn is informed that you have visited our website with your IP address. If you click LinkedIn's "Recommend Button" and are logged in to your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn will be able to associate your visit to our website with you and your user account. We point out that we as the provider of the pages have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and their use by LinkedIn.
For more information, see the LinkedIn privacy statement at:
19. SSL Encryption
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of sensitive content, such as the requests you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by changing the address line of the browser from "http: //" to "https: //" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL encryption is enabled, the data you submit to us cannot be read by third parties.
20. Right to Information, Cancellation, Blocking
At any time you have the right to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient and the purpose of the data processing and a right to correct, block or delete this data. For further information on personal data you can contact us at any time at the address given in the imprint.
21. Contradiction Advertising Emails
The use of published in the context of the imprint obligation contact information for sending unsolicited advertising and information materials is here by rejected. The operators of the pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, for example through spam e-mails.