1. Information Cutnut Collects
We collect information from our users in two ways:
• Information you choose to give us.
• Information we get when you use our services.
Here’s a little more detail on each of the two categories.
1.1 Information You May Decide to Give us
Registering in to our Services requires you to give us some of your basic information in order for us to distinguish you from other users. This basic information includes your name, email address, your age, unique username and password. Also, you may choose to share additional information about you to make you more recognizable such as a profile picture or other useful identifying information.
Indeed, you’ll also give us the information you chose to upload onto our services such as video content and comments.
When you contact Cutnut Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
1.2 Information We Get When You Use Our Services
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
• Device Phonebook. Because Cutnut is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
• Camera, Photos and Videos. You may upload videos onto our services that you have previously recorded. To do this we will require to access your camera roll.
• Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes:
• Some details how you have used our website
• device information, such as your web browser type and language
• access times
• pages viewed
• IP address
• identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
• pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
2. How Cutnut Uses Information
We hope that the information we get we can continue developing our Services for better:
• develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
• communicate with you
• monitor and analyze trends and usage
• personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads
• enhance the safety and security of our products and services
• verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
• enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices
3. How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
• With other Users. We may share the following information with other Users:
• Your user information such as username and you profile picture;
• Information about how you have interacted with the services, such as the names of Users you are friends with, and other information that will help Users understand your connections with others using the services;
• Content you post or send will be shared with other Users; how widely your content is shared depends on who you invite to contribute to the content.
• With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
• With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
• With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
• comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
• protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
• detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
• With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Cutnut gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
• In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
Cutnut does not take responsibility of the privacy policies of possible third party interactions within our Services. We suggest to always review the third party privacy policies before choosing to utilize them. You agree to not hold Cutnut responsible on how third parties use and collect your information.
5. Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
• Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information.
• Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook, camera, photos, or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
• Communicating with other users. It’s also important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you indicate, among other things, who you want to see your videos.